TAF-B1 The Armed Forces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAF-B1 The Armed Forces a top alliance in ogame universe Andromeda and biggest

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leadership Philosophy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr-C

Leadership Philosophy Empty
PostSubject: Leadership Philosophy   Leadership Philosophy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Greetings:

I thought it would be good to state my Leadership Philosophy. Having served for 20 years in the US Armed Forces, I have seen many different Leadership Styles. They all work, but some work better than others.

Leadership style is the manner and approach of providing direction, implementing plans, and motivating people. Kurt Lewin (1939) led a group of researchers to identify different styles of leadership. This early study has been very influential and established three major leadership styles. The three major styles of leadership are (U.S. Army Handbook, 1973):

* Authoritarian or autocratic
* Participative or democratic
* Delegative or Free Reign

Although good leaders use all three styles, with one of them normally dominant, bad leaders tend to stick with one style.

http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leadstl.html

I can and will use all three depending on the circumstances, however, I tend to use Delegative the most, Participative less frequently, and Authoritarian only when circumstances demand it.

Yours in service,
Mr-C

Back to top Go down

Leadership Philosophy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TAF-B1 The Armed Forces :: TAF-B1 Command Center :: TAF-B1 Leadership-
Jump to: